Godanti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Gypsum. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of headache, Chronic Fever, leucorrhea etc. … It is found in white color and appears like the teeth (danta) of the cow, when a stroke is given over the plaques of Gypsum.
Indications of Godanti Bhasma
Godanti Bhasma is helpful in following health conditions.
- Typhoid fever (NEEM GODANTI is used)
- Chronic Fever
- General body aches/pains
- Calcium supplement
- Severe headache
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tension headache
- High blood pressure (mild effects)
- Headache due to high blood pressure
- Heart tonic
- Breathing trouble due to heart disease
- Low bone mineral density
- Joint inflammation
- Joint pain (mild effect)
- Burning sensation on joints due to rheumatoid arthritis
- Non-productive cough
- Asthma (but not beneficial in acute phase)
- Upper respiratory infections
- Excessive uterine bleeding (along with praval pisthi)
- Fever after delivery
- Dental plaque
Some herbalists and Chinese Physicians use Gypsum in the treatment of ulcerative colitis in form of gypsum ash, but we do not have beneficial results with it, so we have not included this indication here.
Benefits & Medicinal Uses
Godant Bhasma has following benefits:
- Lowers Fever.
- Alleviates Joint Pain.
- Strengthens Bones.
- Useful in Leucorrhea.